Mainboard ABIT KT7-RAID: Highpoint HPT370 doesnt accept HDD > 137 GB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Transistor, Sep 2, 2004.

  1. Transistor

    Transistor Guest

    Hello!

    I've a little problem with the HPT370 RAID Controller.
    My motherboard is an ABIT KT7-RAID with the HPT 370 Raid Controller on
    board.

    I installed ABIT's latest BIOS update (BIOS ID 9A) in order to have my
    new 160 GB hard disk supported.

    Although this, only 137 GB of my hard disk are useable if connected to
    the HPT370.
    If connected to the standard IDE controller, the 160 GB are accepted
    correctly.

    Even though: I wouldn't like to connect my new 160 GB HDD to the
    standard IDE controller because it supports only 66 MB/s. The HPT370
    is faster (100 MB/s).

    Can I update the HPT370 BIOS separately?
    Or is there another possibility?

    I hope that someone can help me. Thanks!

    Transistor alias Dietmar

    Transistor, Sep 2, 2004