    lost.

    It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.
    Thanx in advance!

    Northern Girl, Jan 6, 2005

  2. "Northern Girl" wrote:
    > I have an ECS Elitegroup Mainboard; Socket A, L7VMM2.
    >
    > Chipset - VIA KM266(NB) & VT8235 (SB) Chipset
    >
    > On windows 98 startup it keeps searching for a PCI Communications
    > device and a PCI Universal Serial Bus device. These unknown devices are
    > also listed under "other" in Device Manager with a yellow question mark
    > next to them.
    >
    > I do not know what these devices are and my mainboard drivers disk was
    > lost.
    >
    > It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.
    > Thanx in advance!

    The following page links to drivers for the L7 series:
    http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_l7.html

    When I bought an L7VMM2 used on eBay, all the necessary drivers were available on that page except
    that the USB driver was at:
    http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_usb.html

    Larry Scholnick, Jan 6, 2005

  3. I have installed all of the drivers on those two pages but I'm still
    left with an unknown missing communications device.

    My modem is not integrated but drivers are recognized.

    My network adapter is integrated but its drivers are also recognized.
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

    Northern Girl, Jan 6, 2005
  4. "Northern Girl" wrote:
    > I have installed all of the drivers on those two pages but I'm still
    > left with an unknown missing communications device.
    >
    > My modem is not integrated but drivers are recognized.
    >
    > My network adapter is integrated but its drivers are also recognized.
    > Any feedback would be appreciated.

    Just a guess, but it might be looking for the drivers for the AMR Riser that supports a special type
    of modem, even though you have a regular PCI modem. Just for grins, try the Via 4-in-1 driver.

    If not, just leave it; as long as every device works, it won't hurt anything to have an unknown
    device in Device Manager.

    Larry Scholnick, Jan 7, 2005
  5. Northern Girl

    Mr. Slow Guest

    "Larry Scholnick" <> wrote in message
    > "Northern Girl" wrote:
    > > I have installed all of the drivers on those two pages but I'm still
    > > left with an unknown missing communications device.
    > >
    > > My modem is not integrated but drivers are recognized.
    > >
    > > My network adapter is integrated but its drivers are also recognized.
    > > Any feedback would be appreciated.
    > >

    > Just a guess, but it might be looking for the drivers for the AMR Riser

    that supports a special type
    > of modem, even though you have a regular PCI modem. Just for grins, try

    the Via 4-in-1 driver.

    > If not, just leave it; as long as every device works, it won't hurt

    anything to have an unknown
    > device in Device Manager.

    Or, disable the onboard modem in the BIOS.

    --
    Remove ".invalid" and replace with ".co.uk" to reply

    Mr. Slow, Jan 10, 2005
  6. Northern Girl

    Ikke01 Guest

    Hi NG,

    "Northern Girl" <> schreef in bericht
    | I have an ECS Elitegroup Mainboard; Socket A, L7VMM2.
    |
    | Chipset - VIA KM266(NB) & VT8235 (SB) Chipset
    |
    | On windows 98 startup it keeps searching for a PCI Communications
    | device and a PCI Universal Serial Bus device. These unknown devices are
    | also listed under "other" in Device Manager with a yellow question mark
    | next to them.
    |
    | I do not know what these devices are and my mainboard drivers disk was
    | lost.
    |
    | It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.
    | Thanx in advance!

    down under are the modemdrivers the MB asks

    http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downlo...ver&DetailDesc=L7VMM2(1.0A)&MenuID=45&LanID=0

    don't forget to copy and paste ;-))
    When you really want to use the AMR modem, I can sent you one from the
    Netherlands, only pay p&p + 5 bucks ;-))

    success Jan

    (can also disable this modem in the BIOS as an alternative)

    Ikke01, Jan 10, 2005