    Is there a third party add-in for that, because it would be nice to draw a
    straight line with out doing it over and over by free hand,lol. I'm not that
    great at making a graph by free hand. Any ideas?

    Brandon E., Mar 14, 2005

  2. Brandon E.

    Chris H. Guest

    Brandon, I take it you're not on a Tablet PC? If not, and you don't have
    the real use of a pen, it has been suggested often here that you create the
    lines, objects, etc., you want in Word or similar, and then copy/paste them
    into a page in OneNote. They'd be available for copy/paste with a quick
    switch back and forth. (This is not to imply Tablets have a secret weapon
    because they do digital Inking, but you can freehand more easily on a Tablet
    PC.)
    In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    Associate Expert

    Chris H., Mar 14, 2005

  3. Brandon E.

    Brandon E. Guest

    I am using a tablet pc. Just I am looking for an easy way to draw a straight
    line like a graph for math and not by free hand with a pen. Just click one
    end and then draw out a straight line. It would be a nice feature to have and
    a lot neater. Than trying to actually draw a straight line. I know i could
    use word but then i am back and forth and copying and pasting, and then
    draging the line to were i want it on the page. Kind of a long process for a
    straight line. Just should be a feature built into onenote, so if people
    really want a straight line they can just use that instead of trying to do it
    by hand. Not everyong can draw a perfect straight line for perfect circle etc.

    Brandon E., Mar 15, 2005
  4. Brandon E.

    Chris H. Guest

    Yup, the art tools are one of the more often requested items for OneNote.
    If you don't know, there's a OneNote newsgroup here:
    microsoft.public.onenote. Not that you would need to request that feature,
    because if has probably been posted 100 times since OneNote came out, and
    the OneNote team at Microsoft is very aware of the need.

    However, what I was suggesting is to create all the images you currently
    need in Word, and copy/paste those to a section or page in OneNote so they
    would be handy. For a straight line, I use a small, plastic ruler or the
    edge of an envelope or whatever else happens to be handy . :cool:

    Chris H., Mar 15, 2005
  5. Brandon E.

    bbao Guest

    I am using a tablet pc. Just I am looking for an easy way to draw a straight
    personally i have no idea on drawing straight line in onenote, but i
    know a way to do the similar things in windows journal. that is, draw a
    line with you hand of course, select what you just drew while pressing
    the button on your pen, then choose Actions/Change Shape to/Line from
    the menu, then what you just drew will appear as a straight line. again,
    it is for windows journal, not for onenote, though you can copy/paste it
    from windows journal to onenote, just like what chris introduced, hehe.

    it is workable for some objects such as rectangle, octagon but not
    suitable to all kinds of the objects, especially for those shapes that
    need to be adjusted in onenote, such as line and oval. moreover, it is a
    bit labor intensive job, hehe. :)

    bbao

    bbao, Mar 16, 2005