    the specs of these monitors either, promises to phone me back, but doesn't.
    Goodbye Dell, if you can't answer my sale squery what hope for a support
    one?

    Tumbleweed, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Tumbleweed

    danr Guest

    I expect that the Ion Silver one would be the 1900FP and the other one the
    1901.

    Is there no mention of model no's or the Height Adjustment on either to help
    distinguish.

    Can you post the URL?

    Dan

    danr, Dec 30, 2003

  3. Tumbleweed

    Tumbleweed Guest

    Dan, the text I posted in my message is the *entire* detail. (copied below)
    I can't post a URL because you need to be in a shopping cart but here's how
    to get there;

    go to www.dell.co.uk
    Select Home and Home Office (same effect if you select 'small business')
    Page down, select 'Dell Outlet'
    Select 'desktop'
    Select 'details on dimension' in green
    Select 'Shop'
    Pick any system and select 'add to cart'
    Page down to monitors
    Click on 'learn more' on the monitor heading and you get "The page you
    requested may no longer exist on Dell.com"

    --
    Tumbleweed

    newsgroups)

    Tumbleweed, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Tumbleweed

    DanR Guest

    Yep, it's rubbish...

    there's not even a distinction between the 2 21" monitors (even though there
    is only 1 model).

    I'd probably take a chance on the cheaper 19" cos if you get the old one,
    then OK, it's a good monitor, but if you get the new one (for the cheaper
    price) then great.

    All I can add is that description for the "old" 1900FP is definitely "Ion
    Silver". The thing is, this monitor went EOL about 2 months ago (but maybe
    some are still available in the outlet?)

    Hope this helps.

    Dan

    DanR, Dec 30, 2003
  5. Tumbleweed

    Tumbleweed Guest

    As you say, its rubbish. No way I'm taking the chance, or more to the point
    spending more than £300, maybe £400 on something when I dont know what it
    is!
    I think I shall be spending my money at Holly Computers instead, they give
    you a full and itemised breakdown (plus a choice ) of every single piece of
    equipment down to the motherboard and case. It might be slightly more
    expensive (or not, its hard to tell) but at least I'll know what I'll be
    buying.

    --
    Tumbleweed

    newsgroups)