    Is there any way to make that preference stick so I don't have to do it
    each time I mount the drive?

    Thanks.

    trpublicaddress, Jun 23, 2006

  2. trpublicaddress

    TaliesinSoft Guest

    I back up nightly (using SuperDuper!) to partitions on two different firewire
    drives. I had a similar problem in that I couldn't enable the spotlight
    privacy on any of these backup partitions. Then I reformatted the partitions
    and now they remain in the privacy list even though they are repeatedly
    disconnected and reconnected.

    TaliesinSoft, Jun 24, 2006

  3. trpublicaddress

    Ilgaz Öcal Guest

    If you can spare $10 or something, try Spotless. It works perfect for
    me. New version has Automatic spotlight off features too.

    I know there must be ways doing it manually but I can't spare time myself.

    It has also some "maintenance" options such as rebuilding index ,
    fixing the stopped indexing after a module crashes too.

    Ilgaz

    Ilgaz Öcal, Jul 4, 2006