Mandrake 9.2 & P4P800 Problem

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Kai Teuber, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Kai Teuber

    Kai Teuber Guest

    Hi,

    if I try to install Mandrake 9.1 with my new P4P800 mainboard (bios 1008
    & 1007 tested) the installer crashes after the 'select installation'
    screen. (the one to press F1 or enter) Text installations works with
    some problem and won't fix the problem.

    It works fine if I do one of the following things:
    -change the VGA card
    -remove one memory module, so the mb chages to single module mode.

    My system:
    P4 2.8 FSB800 HT
    Asus P4P800
    2x 512MB Kingstong DDR400 CL2.5
    Sparkle GF4 Ti4400 VGA Card
    .... and some other cards I already removed, they don't afect the problem!

    Someone knows how I can bring up the system to work? Maybe some bios
    settings will help?

    Greetings,
    Kai / Ger.

    Kai Teuber, Jun 27, 2003

  2. Kai Teuber

    Kai Teuber Guest

    I meen Mandrake 9.1 not 9.2, sorry.

    Greetings,
    Kai / Ger.

    Kai Teuber, Jun 27, 2003

  3. Am Fre, 27 Jun 2003 um 00:12 GMT Kai Teuber schrob:
    just guessing.. try disabling APM in bios
    also was helpful to me: disabling usb legacy

    Wolfram Riedel, Jun 28, 2003