Map - Boot.ini mismatch in Recovery Console?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by GF, Sep 21, 2004.

  1. GF

    GF Guest

    I am trying to figure out why my systems no longer wants to boot!!!
    I have a A7N8X-E deluxe with AMD 3200 with 3 HDs.

    1) One SATA with Windows XP installed
    2) One IDE master w/o any OS (just data)
    3) One IDE slave w/o any OS (just data)

    drive 1 was assigned letter C
    drive 2 was assigned letter S
    drive 3 was assigned letter P

    when I booted my system on Saturday instead of loading Windows (and
    logo) I see the NVIDIA boot something message ... I got a message that
    essentially said cannot find os.

    When I go into recovery console (loading the SATA drivers) it finds
    the only instance of Windows but it now says that it is on drive D.
    And now drive 2 is assigned C.

    If I run MAP I get:

    E: FAT32 983MB \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1
    C: FAT32 xxxMB \Device\Harddisk4\Partition1
    P: NTFS xxxMB \Device\Harddisk5\Partition1
    D: NTFS xxxMB \Device\Harddisk6\Partition1
    A: \Device\Floppy0
    I: \Device\CdRom0

    the CDROM is supposed to be D.
    Drive E I don't know what it is.
    Drive C is just data and is supposed to be S.
    Drive P is just fine.
    Drive is supposed to be C and is the one with Windows XP installed on
    it.

    My Boot.ini looks is:

    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    [operating systems]
    Professional"
    /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

    Should Harddisk# match the disk(0) of "..multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)..."?
    Is my boot.ini file ok as is?
    Please help!!!

    GF, Sep 21, 2004