Marks out of 10

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by gARY, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. gARY

    gARY Guest

    I was thinking of tinkering with this as my first bit o' kit ........

    -----------------
    K7S8X Socket A Motherboard
    · Includes 8X AGP Slot
    · USB 2.0 and 10/100 LAN onboard
    · 3 x DDR 333/400 Slot
    · Supports FSB 200/266/333MHz
    · Onboard 5.1 Channel Sound

    Athlon XP2400+ CPU
    · Quanti-Speed Architecture
    · 266MHz Front Side Bus

    CPU Cooler - XP2800+
    · Rated speed: 4800 RPM +/-10%
    · Noise level: 30 dBA
    · Air flow: 22.21 at 4800M
    · Ball bearing Fan

    Power Supply
    400w
    ---------------------

    Any good for a learner to learn on/with?

    Cheers,
    gARY

    gARY, Jul 9, 2003

  2. gARY

    gARY Guest

    I found the reply on Google........... me bloody ISP again. ;)

    However thanks for the heads up as I will 4get that idea now.

    Right this is the crack...........

    I want a FAST motherboard and proc for around 350UKP..... mainly for 'major
    number crunching' as I don't play games.

    Of course with options to upgrade the chips later.

    Who says what then? Help required as I'm just getting into this "build ya
    own bomb" stuff.

    Thanks a bunch,
    gARY

    BTW. I will check them links out now.... cheers.

    Here's some references. Understand the first before going to the second.
    You might also get some good info from my site in the sig.

    http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/TbredDecode0.htm#Table

    http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

    gARY, Jul 10, 2003