    around this? And if there is no way around this problem, is it possible to
    install a separate inexpensive card to do the TV-out functions without
    compromising the g400's performance?

    Garrett Prestage, Jul 27, 2003

  2. Garrett Prestage

    Chimera Guest

    The TV out & dual head abilities are what set the matrox cards apart from
    the other 2D/3D + TV out cards on the market.

    Chimera, Jul 28, 2003

  3. That's exactly right - but it seems that Matrox has now decided that anyone
    who purchased a Marvel G400 should never upgrade or else should just accept
    a product that's actually little different to so many others on the market.

    Garrett Prestage, Jul 28, 2003
  4. Garrett Prestage

    Larc Guest

    | I have recently upgraded to windows XP only to discover that Matrox is
    | failing to provide appropriate customer support for the Marvel g400 - though
    | I love their products I think their customer support stinks. Anyway, now my
    | card can still capture video but no TV-out or dual-head. Is there anyway
    | around this? And if there is no way around this problem, is it possible to
    | install a separate inexpensive card to do the TV-out functions without
    | compromising the g400's performance?

    Have you tried the Matrox Forum? I've found that's the very best place to go
    with specific support-type questions.

    http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/forum/agree.cfm

    Larc

    §§§ - Please raise temperature of mail to reply by e-mail - §§§

    Larc, Jul 28, 2003
  5. Matrox dropped support for the G400 starting with Win 2000.

    They had problems getting it working on Win 2000, and you're mostly out of
    luck. No support from Matrox.

    However, I heard that a "lone wolf" developer has created drivers for the
    newer Windows versions. It's at http://adis.szm.com

    I have no information as to whether this will work or not.

    Lester Horwinkle, Aug 2, 2003
  6. Garrett Prestage

    Roman Zydra Guest

    The adis drivers work absolutely great under W2K and XP for me and my
    RR-G/G400 combo

    Roman Zydra, Aug 8, 2003