    if this fixes the problem. I did not have the lockup problems. I did install
    the new drivers and there is no problems with these drivers. Good Luck and I
    hope they solve the lockup problems for you that are having it.

    Gary, Sep 10, 2005

  2. Thanks, but there are 20 versions on there. Which version did you
    install?

    Mitchell Regenbogen, Sep 11, 2005

  3. Unless there's some reason to believe that this version 8.39.3.3 is
    different from the latest version that Windows Update is pushing, you
    will see lockups again.

    Mitchell Regenbogen, Sep 11, 2005
  4. Gary

    Gary Guest

    I did not select any product on the driver page. Just click submit search
    and go to page three and download the WinXP 8.39.3.3 form there. It was just
    released.

    Gary, Sep 12, 2005
  5. Gary

    Gary Guest

    I had the drivers from Windows Update and never had any lockups. I have not
    had any problems with the new drivers also. Hope the new version works for
    the people having the lockup problems.

    Gary, Nov 2, 2005
  6. The funny thing is that I have had no lockups from the Marvell adapter
    with the Windows Update driver, but am getting lockups from the Nvidia
    ethernet adapter!. Disable this, and system runs perfectly. Enable this,
    and sporadic hangs!...

    Best Wishes

    Roger Hamlett, Nov 2, 2005
  7. Gary

    Wayne Guest

    The newer Marvel ethernet driver is working fine for me too. I did see a
    couple of lockups with version 8.35.2.3 from the Windows Update site, and I
    removed that and restored the older version from the Asus A8V motherboard
    CD.

    But then later on, Windows Update offered 8.39.3.3 and then 8.41.1.3, and
    both of them work fine here, zero problems.

    Wayne, Nov 3, 2005
  8. Gary

    milleron Guest

    Can you recall what you were seeing on blue screens or in the Event
    Viewer when you got those hangs with the nVidia adapter? Did it have
    anything with the adapter being unable to connect to DHCP or renewing
    it's IP with DHCP?

    Ron

    milleron, Nov 5, 2005
  9. I'd have to dig back and find the email I sent to MS about it. They have
    actually just replied, with a latter driver than the one on their website,
    so it sounds as if they may have identified the problem. I can remember it
    was not DHCP related though.

    Best Wishes

    Roger Hamlett, Nov 6, 2005
  10. Gary

    milleron Guest

    You mean Microsoft is sending you drivers for the nVidia NIC?

    Ron

    milleron, Nov 7, 2005
  11. Yes. They have done so.
    The drivers according to the 'notes' are Nvidia betas.
    It suggests what I was seeing is a 'known' fault that Nvidia are working
    on.
    So far they seem to be working.

    Best Wishes

    Roger Hamlett, Nov 7, 2005
  12. Gary

    milleron Guest

    Is there any way that others can obtain this driver?

    Ron

    milleron, Nov 10, 2005
  13. I'd presume it'll become the basis of the release driver soon. I can't
    give it, since the MS 'document' that you have to agree to, before they
    send it, specifically bars this. It seems 'better', but has some oddities
    in the network settings, so is still very much a 'beta'. The speed with
    which MS responded to my 'error report', suggests that this is a known
    problem, which they are presumably working with NVidia to fix, or it may
    be that MS actually write the drivers for NVidia (this is _much_ more
    common than most people would think - HP for example, no longer write the
    device drivers for their own devices, they are 'farmed out' to MS -
    personally I think it explains some of the 'annoyances' with some
    drivers....).

    Best Wishes

    Roger Hamlett, Nov 10, 2005