Marvell Yukon

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by Robert, Jan 3, 2005.

  1. Robert

    Robert Guest

    I have a strange problem with my Marvell Yukon network card on my new
    7200XL.

    If I boot my system from an off state (cold boot) Windows XP Pro does not
    see the card and I have no Internet, email, etc. The card does not even
    show up in the Device Manager.

    But, if I "RESTART" (warm boot) the system from within Windows XP the card
    will show in the Device Manager and all systems function normally.

    Gateway Tech Support suggested reinstalling the drivers. Doing so had no
    effect.

    Tech Support is now telling me that SP2 is the problem and that uninstalling
    it will correct the problem.

    Are they just taking shots in the dark hoping that sooner or later something
    will work?

    I hesitate uninstalling SP2 if I don't have to.

    Anyone have a better idea or a similar experience?

    Thanks - Robert

    Robert, Jan 3, 2005

  2. Robert

    Fireclown Guest

    Robert,

    IIRC, that is an integrated component rather than a seperate card.
    However, it has been known to have trouble with SP2. I don't think that
    uninstalling SP2 is the thing to do. Instead, try searching the Marvell
    site for new drivers - http://www.marvell.com/.

    Fireclown

    Fireclown, Jan 3, 2005

  3. Robert

    Robert Guest

    Updating the drivers from the Marvell site was one of the first things I did
    to try and remedy the problem... Didn't correct the problem though.

    Robert, Jan 3, 2005
  4. Robert

    YrbkMgr Guest

    Just so you know that you aren't nuts, I have the 7200X with the same
    NIC and have exactly the same issue.

    YrbkMgr, Mar 28, 2005