    Will Matrox release some PCI-Express cards (possibly PCI-E version of P650)
    and if yes when could that be?

    Kiwi

    Kiwi, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Kiwi

    Arthur Hagen Guest

    Kiwi <> wrote:
    > Will Matrox release some PCI-Express cards (possibly PCI-E version of
    > P650) and if yes when could that be?

    Matrox has announced plans for PCI-E cards, but haven't given any details.
    A PCI-E version of a couple of the P-series cards was expected before the
    end of the year, with other cards following, but no real news has leaked
    out, afaict, and they might be delayed. If I were to guess, the Parhelia
    and P750 are probably going to be the first ones to go express, and wildly
    guessing even more, I would guess at no earlier than Q1 2005.

    Regards,
    --
    *Art

    Arthur Hagen, Nov 5, 2004

  3. Kiwi

    Kiwi Guest

    > out, afaict, and they might be delayed. If I were to guess, the Parhelia
    > and P750 are probably going to be the first ones to go express, and wildly
    > guessing even more, I would guess at no earlier than Q1 2005.

    as I was afraid... but thanks.

    Kiwi, Nov 6, 2004
  4. Arthur Hagen <> wrote:
    > Matrox has announced plans for PCI-E cards, but haven't given any details.
    > A PCI-E version of a couple of the P-series cards was expected before the
    > end of the year, with other cards following, but no real news has leaked
    > out, afaict, and they might be delayed. If I were to guess, the Parhelia
    > and P750 are probably going to be the first ones to go express, and wildly
    > guessing even more, I would guess at no earlier than Q1 2005.

    That's OK by me. I don't plan on building a new system until Q3 2005. I
    want the following:

    Dual core Intel P4
    PCI-X based Matrox card
    Water cooling system