    about 3 years old. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    thanks,
    Glenn

    gh, Jun 25, 2003

  2. gh

    horwinkle Guest

    Does it abruptly lose color?
    Does the color ever come back?

    horwinkle, Jun 26, 2003

  3. gh

    horwinkle Guest

    I had occasional b/w on my card. Rare, but it happened once in a while.

    Somehow, the settings changed from NTSC to PAL. When in PAL mode, my TV
    would display a b/w picture, no color.

    Changed it back to NTSC ... color restored.

    horwinkle, Jun 28, 2003
  4. gh

    Rich Guest

    Is it an overheating problem, does the colour restore when the card is cold,
    may need another heatsink ???

    Rich

    Rich, Jun 29, 2003
  5. hi glenn
    you may want to put a fan on the heatsink,
    it does help in the long run.
    del
    1700A +g400

    Hjdelahoussaye, Jun 30, 2003
  6. gh

    g Guest

    I think I may try a fan on the heatsink. As per Horwinkle's
    suggestion, I checked the video card settings but they had not changed
    from NTSC to PAL. And the card does display colour when the computer
    is cold or just turned on, so maybe a cooling fan will help...

    Thanks to all who replied to my post.

    Glenn

    g, Jul 1, 2003
  7. gh

    CJT Guest

    One of mine had a bad cable. Changing the cable fixed it.

    CJT, Jul 3, 2003