    Any help or sugestion is apreciated

     Thanks

     VP

    VP, Jan 29, 2004

  2. VP

    Paul Guest

    Apparently, there are two kinds of G400 cards. This chunk of
    text is posted multiple times in Google:

    "When we launched G400 in May 1999, 4x motherboards did not
    exist. Although our part was able to work in 4x transfer mode
    we felt that before the Camino chip set was launched, it would
    be unfair to our customers to guarantee 4x operation since there
    are many factors that influence operation speed that are out
    of our control. Matrox did however ensure 4x compatibility which
    means that all Matrox G400 graphics boards will work seamlessly
    in 2x or 4x systems.

    Since Camino has launched, we have been able to extensively test
    our boards with AGP 4x. We've identified the G400 boards that
    support AGP 4x transfer rates with an additional '4A' in the
    part number: G4+MDH4A32GB/40."

    Check to see if your "AGP Warn" LED is lit on the motherboard.
    Maybe the card is requesting 3.3V I/O operation, and the "AGP
    Warn" circuit which monitors the TYPEDET# signal on the AGP
    connector has detected this, and is preventing the pressing of
    the power button on the front of the case from working.

    I just noticed this on the Matrox forums:

    "What products work in a 1.5v motherboard?"
    http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewtopic.php?t=4326

    "Products - All Matrox Graphic products

    - Our G400 and later graphics cards (AGP4x or AGP2x) are
    compatible with virtually all motherboards.

    However, if the motherboard calls for a 1.5V card ONLY to be
    installed, the 2x versions of our G400 card may not work
    properly.

    We've identified the G400 boards that support AGP 4x transfer
    rates with an additional '4A' in the part number:
    G4+MDH4A32GB/40.

    G400 boards without the '4A' in the part number may not work
    with 1.5V only motherboards. Please note that all models of
    the Marvel G400, G450, G450 eTV, and G550 series are not
    affected as AGP2x versions of these cards don't exist."

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jan 29, 2004

  3. VP

    VP Guest

    Mine is G4+MDHA32G and not 4A and i think doesn support Motherboard
    with AGP wit 1.5v.
    But what is very interesting is in A7N8X-X it works (A7N8X-X is 8x
    AGP).

    Thanks

    VP

    VP, Jan 30, 2004