Matrox Marvel G400 problems under XP

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_Lundberg?=, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    When I first install my old Matrox Marvel G400 under Windows XP it works
    well as a graphics card with any supported resolution.
    I also manage to update to the 'real' XP driver with VCR support found
    at http://adis.szm.com without problems.

    But after I have updated the system and installed all other drivers, all
    of a sudden I can only get 640x480 or 800x600 in 4 colors!
    The screen resolution bar in 'display properties' tells me that all
    higher resolutions are available, but they don't work when I try them.
    The monitor driver under advanced also sets itself to default monitor.
    If I remove all Matrox software and reboots the PC, the standard VGA
    driver is installed and if I in device manager update the driver to the
    Matrox driver, it once again works properly with high resolutions.
    Until next boot that is!
    After reboot its back to 640x480x4...
    I have used the system-restore to get back to before I installed the
    other driver but to no avail. It's always stuck in 640x480x4.

    Has anyone else got a similar experience or maybe even a solution to the
    problem?

    Best regards
    Bjorn

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_Lundberg?=, Jun 29, 2003

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_Lundberg?=

    Tom Edwards Guest

    How do you set a two monitor configuration so that login screen, menus,
    error messages, etc. appear on the left side monitor and not split
    between the two monitors using Win2kSPK2.

    Tom Edwards, Jun 29, 2003