    anyway of getting scale labels on the new graph, or if an older version
    of activity monitor could be used? (I doubt the latter would work,
    however.)

    Ted Lee, Dec 30, 2013

  2. I stopped using Activity monitor to do this. I use iStatMenu instead.
    It's more configurable and worth it, to me, to have a more global view
    of what's going on at any one time.

    XRG is free, but doesn't do menubar status.

    MenuMeters might also work but I don't know if it works on Mavericks.

    Michael Vilain, Dec 31, 2013

  3. Ted Lee

    Ted Lee Guest

    XRG does just what I want, and a lot more! Thanks. It's another
    example of why Mac's are fun even for semi-geeks. (I have no idea what
    "menubar status" might be, so I don't miss it. 😊 )

    Ted Lee, Dec 31, 2013
  4. You can display all that info on graphs in the menu bar using
    MenuMeters. If all you want is display of system performance activity,
    XRG is great for that.

    Michael Vilain, Jan 1, 2014
  5. Works fine over here.

    Bernd Fröhlich, Jan 2, 2014
  6. Ted Lee

    J Burns Guest

    June 25, 2013, Raging Menace released Version 1.6.1 because Version 1.6
    didn't work with the preview of Mavericks. I still have 1.6 and haven't
    found any problem with Mavericks. I guess I'll click the updater anyway.

    J Burns, Jan 4, 2014
  7. Thanks for the hint.
    I just had a look and discovered that I too have 1.6 running (without
    any problems on Mavericks).

    Bernd Fröhlich, Jan 6, 2014