    keeping those open and running in the background will impact battery
    usage somewhat but it does seem to more than what I would expect. Or is
    it? Would calibrating my battery for the new OS improve that somewhat?

    Otto Pylot, May 23, 2014

  2. Otto Pylot

    Otto Pylot Guest

    Everything is 0.0 with the exception of Activity Monitor (2.6), Window
    Server (4.1), iStat Local Daemon (don't know how to get rid of that
    cause I don't use iStat anymore), and of course Thoth.

    Otto Pylot, May 23, 2014

  3. Otto Pylot

    Otto Pylot Guest

    I found the uninstaller and did that. Not much else I can do I guess
    because you can't really calibrate the non-removable batteries anymore.
    Think I'll just let it run down to the warning. Let it sit for a while
    (not in sleep), recharge and see what happens.

    Question about Notifications. I've disable everything but Messages but
    I notice that when I get an email, those still come thru in my
    Notification menu. One would think that they are mutually exclusive of
    each other but I guess not, unless I've missed a mail setting
    somewhere.

    Otto Pylot, May 23, 2014
  4. Otto Pylot

    Otto Pylot Guest

    Thanks. I did that and the only thing in the Notifications is the Share
    Button and Messages. Everything else is in the Not In the Notification
    Center. We'll see. Probably operator error and in the big picture,
    minor irritation. Battery usage is still more of a concern.

    Otto Pylot, May 24, 2014