    --
    Deja Moo: I've seen this bullshit before. Please respond to:
    replacing invalid with sonic.

    Otto Pylot, May 23, 2014

  2. Otto Pylot

    Otto Pylot Guest

    In article <>, Jolly Roger
    <> wrote:

    > On 2014-05-23, Otto Pylot <> wrote:
    > > New question, new post. Battery usage seems to be a lot poorer after
    > > updating to Maverick's. The only difference now is that I'm using
    > > Message Notifications for iMessage, FaceTime, an email. I know that
    > > keeping those open and running in the background will impact battery
    > > usage somewhat but it does seem to more than what I would expect. Or is
    > > it? Would calibrating my battery for the new OS improve that somewhat?

    > Open /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor, and have a look at the
    > Energy tab. The "Energy Impact" column shows which applications are
    > using the most power.

    Everything is 0.0 with the exception of Activity Monitor (2.6), Window
    Server (4.1), iStat Local Daemon (don't know how to get rid of that
    cause I don't use iStat anymore), and of course Thoth.

    Otto Pylot, May 23, 2014

  3. Otto Pylot

    Otto Pylot Guest

    In article <>, Jolly Roger
    <> wrote:

    > On 2014-05-23, Otto Pylot <> wrote:
    > > In article <>, Jolly Roger
    > ><> wrote:

    > >> Open /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor, and have a look at the
    > >> Energy tab. The "Energy Impact" column shows which applications are
    > >> using the most power.

    > > Everything is 0.0 with the exception of Activity Monitor (2.6), Window
    > > Server (4.1), iStat Local Daemon (don't know how to get rid of that
    > > cause I don't use iStat anymore), and of course Thoth.

    > There's your answer.
    >
    > The quick and thorough way to remove iStat Menus would be to download
    > the installation package, run it, then choose iStat Menus > Uninstall
    > from the menu bar:
    >
    > <http://bjango.com/help/istatmenus4/install/>

    I found the uninstaller and did that. Not much else I can do I guess
    because you can't really calibrate the non-removable batteries anymore.
    Think I'll just let it run down to the warning. Let it sit for a while
    (not in sleep), recharge and see what happens.

    Question about Notifications. I've disable everything but Messages but
    I notice that when I get an email, those still come thru in my
    Notification menu. One would think that they are mutually exclusive of
    each other but I guess not, unless I've missed a mail setting
    somewhere.

    Otto Pylot, May 23, 2014
  4. Otto Pylot

    Otto Pylot Guest

    In article <>, Jolly Roger
    <> wrote:

    > On 2014-05-23, Otto Pylot <> wrote:
    > > In article <>, Jolly Roger
    > ><> wrote:

    > >> There's your answer.
    > >>
    > >> The quick and thorough way to remove iStat Menus would be to download
    > >> the installation package, run it, then choose iStat Menus > Uninstall
    > >> from the menu bar:
    > >>
    > >> <http://bjango.com/help/istatmenus4/install/>

    > > I found the uninstaller and did that. Not much else I can do I guess
    > > because you can't really calibrate the non-removable batteries anymore.
    > > Think I'll just let it run down to the warning. Let it sit for a while
    > > (not in sleep), recharge and see what happens.

    > Here's what Apple has to say about it:
    >
    > <http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1490>
    >
    > > Question about Notifications. I've disable everything but Messages but
    > > I notice that when I get an email, those still come thru in my
    > > Notification menu. One would think that they are mutually exclusive of
    > > each other but I guess not, unless I've missed a mail setting
    > > somewhere.

    > Take a look in System Preferences > Notifications. You should see an
    > item in the list for Mail where you can set what sort of notifications
    > you want to see (or not).

    Thanks. I did that and the only thing in the Notifications is the Share
    Button and Messages. Everything else is in the Not In the Notification
    Center. We'll see. Probably operator error and in the big picture,
    minor irritation. Battery usage is still more of a concern.

    Otto Pylot, May 24, 2014