    know what the max hdd size is for the MB? Is there another way to have the
    onboard SATA use these?

    Thx.

    Negative Nancy, Mar 30, 2006

  2. Negative Nancy

    Davy Guest

    Have you got the linking pins set right..
    These tell the Computer if it's a Master, a Slave or whatever

    If you look at the connectors there should be some around the middle
    one of them will have a linking pin on maybe you haven't selected

    To find which one you need to select there is usually a label on to
    of the HDD with the pin layout showing the markings, may be these ar
    worth checking

    Dav

    Davy, Mar 30, 2006

  3. Negative Nancy

    tcsenter Guest

    I have purchased two Seagate 500gb SATA II drives...but the BIOS won't recognize the newer Seagate drives.<<

    There is a flaw in the VIA VT8237/R Southbridge that can prevent it
    from detecting SATA II drives which utilize a particular autodetection
    routine. There should be an SATA compatibility jumper on your Seagate
    drives that force the drive to use SATA I compatibility mode as a
    work-around. See:

    http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/sata/st3500641as.html

    If the jumper doesn't work, contact Seagate support.

    tcsenter, Mar 31, 2006