    I would prefer to not have to go into the 1280 chassis.

    Thanks in advance.

    Vic

    Victor Midland, Sep 10, 2003

  2. Victor Midland

    JimK Guest

    A technician in our office has populated all 16 slots in a V880, CPU/Memory
    board using Generic 2 GB DIMMS (32 GB). He ran a burn-in test for about 3
    days and never reported any errors. We've used that system for several weeks
    before having to reconfigure it for a different test.

    So, even though SUN states that only 1 GB DIMMS are to be used, for a
    maximum of 64 GB when configured with 8 processors, WE never had any
    problems with OUR system. That's not to say that we won't have any problems
    in the future, nor that someone else won't have any immediate problems with
    that configuration. Good luck

    Jim

    JimK, Sep 11, 2003

  3. Victor Midland

    Scott Howard Guest

    Sun has not certified any brand of 2Gb DIMMs on the V880, and as such they
    are not supported. If I recall correctly there were issues to do with the
    power requirements of 2Gb DIMMs which caused them to work unreliability
    in the 880's.

    Scott.

    Scott Howard, Sep 13, 2003