Max volt and Max temp on A7N8X

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by JL, Feb 14, 2004.

  1. JL

    JL Guest

    Hi there,

    I'm doing some OCin with my board.

    A7N8X-E Deluxe
    2x256 TwinMos PC3200 CL2.5
    AMD XP2800 (locked)
    AMD Retail Cooler + Case Fan
    400W PSU Q-TECH Double Fan Gold

    So far: I get it stable at 2.31 with 185FSB ann 1.775 core. Temps go
    up to 61 when gaming and 57 idle.

    I get it to boot at 190FSB but it's unstable. I'm afraid about upping
    the core to 1.8 (or more) or upping memory volt as I might be pushing
    it too much. (should I?)

    Can you please send me some advice about how to get that FSB a little
    bit higher? (or should I keep it like it is... 2.31 seem ok anyway)

    Is it safe to up the mem volt? What should be the max temperature at
    the AMD should be running?

    I know there are lot of questions but any help willl be appreciated !

    TIA

    JL

    JL, Feb 14, 2004

  2. JL

    Ed Guest

    I don't see why you would even need to raise the ram voltage at 190MHz
    unless you are trying to run the ram faster and out of sync of the FSB
    which isn't a good idea. Try Memory Frequency setting @ 100% if it's not
    already.

    Ed

    Ed, Feb 14, 2004