    Leadfoot Guest

    what is the max wattage for the cpu fan header on a a7n8x-e

    have a 120mm 12vdc .0.30amp 3.6W fan i want to hook up to it

    Leadfoot, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Leadfoot

    Paul Guest

    The manual says:

    The fan connectors support cooling fans of 350mA~740mA (8.88W
    max.) or a total of 1A~2.22A (26.64W max.) at +12V.

    and while I don't understand how there can be two current limits,
    you are running at less than both of them, so it should be OK.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jul 4, 2004

  3. The first limit is 'per connector', the second is for all the connectors
    together. Three fan connecors, 740mA each gives 2.22A total. Why they bother
    to give the second figure is that on some other board models, the total is
    less than 3* the rating of the individual connectors, so they have 'got into
    the habit' of giving both figures.

    Best Wishes

    Roger Hamlett, Jul 4, 2004
  4. Leadfoot

    Ed Guest

    3 fan headers, 8.88 * 3 = 26.64.

    Why they mention the total is sort of confusing to me since I don't
    think you could connect them in serial. ;p

    Ed

    Ed, Jul 5, 2004
  5. Leadfoot

    Leadfoot Guest

    There is probably a feeder lead that branches out to all three headers in
    parallel. Why not just use the nearest 12vdc line? Because if you do blow
    out a lead by using a high wattage fan the motherboard won't be rendered
    useless.

    Thanks to all who replied!!!!

    Leadfoot, Jul 5, 2004