    Win98 and XP and was wondering what the maximum hard drive size is
    that can be used on this motherboard WITHOUT a driver overlay program
    nor a add on controller card.

    J Smith, Aug 7, 2005

  2. J Smith

    Paul Guest

    Dont think the P4B mobo a hdd limit if u use Windows 2000/XP +. And if u
    format in NTFS.

    I have the P4B here, BUT it isnt currently running
    at the mo.

    It'll be 98 that'll have the limit, as it can only be
    formatted in FAT/FAT32. And FAT32 can only see
    so much of a hard drive. And 98 can't read NTFS.

    Dunno about Linux. Never used it.

    Altho I dont think you'll have any probs with Linux reading big hdds
    either.

    Paul, Aug 11, 2005

  3. J Smith

    gemron Guest

    Generally on a fairly new board if you do an upgrade of the bios to the most
    current it will handle whatever you throw at it. If not , as a last resort
    you can always install a pci ide controller card that as long as it hasn't
    been on the shelf too long, should handle anything.

    gemron, Aug 12, 2005