    channel mode.

    One more thing are the plain-jane NF7's better overclockers than the NF7s's?
    I remember reading somewhere that the soundstorm NF7 don't like high FSB's.

    Doug, Feb 15, 2005

  2. Doug

    iamnotme Guest

    try researching here ...
    http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/
    or ...
    http://www.ocforums.com/

    a great resource for hardware analysis (& news) ...
    http://www.anandtech.com/

    g'luck

    iamnotme, Feb 15, 2005

  3. Doug

    xmRadio Guest

    xmRadio, Feb 17, 2005
  4. Doug

    Paul M Guest

    I can get my Mobile 2500 to 2.6ghz.

    Though its stable as at 2400ghz.

    Paul M, Feb 17, 2005
  5. Doug

    Bob Troll Guest

    With my 2500xp-m running at 200 x 11.5 (2300), it runs 24/7/365 rock stable
    with low heat. Current temps (using abit EQ) are 77 f (25 c) system and
    102.5 f (38.5 c) cpu. I'm using a Thermalright SLK900a hs with a 90 or 92mm
    (I forget) 2600 rpm fan. CPU-z v1.26 reports my core voltage is floating
    between 1.552 and 1.568v. The ram is crucial value cas 3.0 but running at
    cas 2.5 with no trouble (not great for over 200mhz though) 512 x 2 running
    dual channel at what cpu-z reports as 2.62 vdimm.

    I can get more out of this chip, but it runs so well at these settings that
    I elected to forego the couple hundred extra mhz I could force out of it in
    favor of less heat and solid stability. I think that with a chip that is
    designed for a bus speed of 266 at 1.45 vcore, it's doing just swell. Just
    my opinion of course.

    The described machine runs Seti 24/7/365 crunching data packets and is used
    for email, games (Dungeon Seige) and general browsing normally. I haven't
    seen the cpu temp hit 41c at any time.

    I'm very satisfied and figure I got my money's worth although I wouldn't
    mind getting some 3700 or bigger ram to see just where this thing really
    could go..

    Regards, Bob "hopelessly insane machine warrior" Troll

    Bob Troll, Feb 17, 2005
  6. Doug

    Doug Guest

    So it's not stable at 2.6Ghz? 2.4 Ghz isn't much, my Barton 2800+ will get
    to 2335 (it takes 2.1 V Vcore to do it though) so there's not much point in
    my getting a Mobile Athlon at all then.

    Doug, Feb 22, 2005