    and CPU (e8400) idles at 36.

    HTH anyone with a similar problem.

    john

    name, May 20, 2008

  2. name

    Angry Dove Guest

    How loud is the Spot Cool?
    I've got the same problem but would rather not void the warranty on the
    Maximus by adding a waterblock to the NB unless I really have to.
    My buddy could use one too cuz he replaced the noisy NB chipset fan on
    his A8N-E and installed a loud 120 mm case fan to cool the Zalman blue
    passive heatsink.

    Did you tighten down the screws in the NB cooler? Mine were loose but
    they are spring loaded and I don't know if that was a good or bad idea?

    Angry Dove, May 21, 2008

  3. name

    name Guest

    I have a full tower Gigabyte case with a screened side panel and I don't
    hear the spot cool at all. I tightened the NB screws, but it didn't help to
    lower the temps. From what I've researched, Asus uses a cheap thermal paste
    that's also very adhesive. I've read that people have removed the
    heatsinks/pipes and reseated with Artic Silver, but it voids the warranty
    and, frankly, that seems kind of dangerous. I RMA'd my board to newegg even
    though I solved the problem. For almost $300 I don't think I should have to
    deal with overheating NBs and SBs. I'll post what happens when I get my new
    board.

    good luck,
    john

    name, May 21, 2008