    My old P5W DH Deluxe went down to a blinking power LED but the Maximus
    sleeps with all the case fans and lights still on.

    TIA

    Angry Dove, Apr 1, 2008

  2. Angry Dove

    Paul Guest

    Sleeping with fans running is S1.
    Sleeping with just blinking power LED is S3.
    Check the BIOS to see what you've enabled.

    To repair the OS after the BIOS is corrected, find a copy of dumppo.
    There is an administrative override option (admin), that can be used
    to change the sleep state. This is a DOS box type utility, as far as
    I know. It is only 13KB, so doesn't have a fancy interface.

    ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Products/Oemtest/v1.1/WOSTest/Tools/Acpi/dumppo.exe

    dumppo options:

    CAP = Capabilities
    PS = Power Supply
    BS = Battery Supply
    ADMIN = Administration
    AC = AC Power Settings
    DC = DC Power Settings
    AC MAXSLEEP=Sx
    AC MINSLEEP=Sx
    where x is the ACPI value (1 & 3)

    You run the program in a command (DOS) window, and a basic command to
    try would be "dumppo cap" to get capabilities.

    Some other users having fun with Dumppo here:

    "dumppo admin /ac minsleep=S3"
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?p=1825058&postcount=31

    No idea if this is Vista compatible, or even needed for such.

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 1, 2008

  3. Angry Dove

    John E Guest

    Some people on the Asus Maximus Formula forum have reported that sleep is
    not well supported by Bios revisions before 1004. (Which has only recently
    appeared on the Asus support page).

    http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board_id=1&model=Maximus Formula&SLanguage=en-us

    Certainly I have had no problems with fans etc. shutting down using the
    default Bios settings with both 0907 and 1004 Bios revisions under Vista
    x64.

    Bios downloads are here:
    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

    John