    4500hd graphics included with the Inspiron 1545. Is this true? I was able to
    get it to work on my older P4 desktop system that integrated Intel
    graphics....

    William R. Cousert, Apr 6, 2009

  2. Hi!
    It is very possible that "does not support" is not equal to "does not
    work". While what you want to do could certainly work, you will be on
    your own if you run into problems.

    I have always felt strongly that the Intel integrated graphics had an
    undeserved "bad" reputation. I don't care so much about graphics
    performance as I do longevity, reliability, cool operation and
    stability.

    These graphics cards that consume enough electricity to run anywhere
    from a house to a small country certainly do perform. They also cook
    themselves into an early grave from time to time.

    William

    William R. Walsh, Apr 7, 2009

  3. William R. Cousert

    Bill Cousert Guest

    It turns out that the problem isn't with the graphics card, but with
    Vista. I installed Windows 7 RC1 and then reinstalled Maya and it
    works perfectly.

    -William R. Cousert

    Bill Cousert, May 17, 2009