maybe its a scan, but maybe its for real

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by free stuff guy, Sep 16, 2004.

  1. Get a free flatscreen TV! I know it sounds like a gimmick, but I have
    too many friends who have gotten free stuff to disbelieve.

    All you have to do is complete one offer and get eight referrals from
    your friends. Take the first step towards your free TV here . . .

    http://www.FreeFlatScreens.com/default.aspx?referer=9107267

    Be careful with the offers, but some of them you can get away with not
    paying anything (like stamps.com). Just be sure to cancel the trial
    membership before it ends! Even better if you actually want to try one
    of the offers, such as the blockbuster.com offer. Or get a new credit
    card. Regardless, you can always cancel without paying after you get
    credit toward your new TV. This company is making money by charging
    companies a finder's fee to get savvy consumers to try these offers.

    http://www.FreeFlatScreens.com/default.aspx?referer=9107267

    There is also a deal to get a free ipod

    http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9196190

    free stuff guy, Sep 16, 2004

  2. free stuff guy

    zixaq Guest

    freeipods and whatever else they come up with is just a spinoff of the
    classic pyramid scam. Yes, a few people might actually get the offered
    prizes, but it's highly unlikely that you'll get the requisite number
    of people to participate. The lottery-ticket odds of getting a free
    ipod are not worth supporting this kind of unscrupulous business
    practice. I hope most of you in this group are intelligent enough not
    to participate in this kind of scheme, but the rest of your are why we
    can't go anywhere on the internet without a constant barrage of
    spammers and scammers. Thanks for nothing you gullible, mindless
    consumer twits.

    zixaq, Sep 16, 2004