    I have a msi kt3v motherboard and a amd xp2000. And both the mb and win xp
    say it's a duron. I just flashed to the newest bios firmware and still the
    same. Any ideas what else to do thanks? Jay

    jay, Oct 1, 2003

  2. jay

    Buffalo Guest

    Check in the BIOS to see that the FSB is set to 133MHz and not 100Mhz.

    Buffalo, Oct 4, 2003

  3. jay

    jay Guest

    I have done that. It is weird. It is running at the full speed but it sez
    that its a duron. It makes no sense. Jay

    jay, Oct 5, 2003
  4. jay

    Buffalo Guest

    Buffalo, Oct 5, 2003
  5. jay

    Wes Newell Guest

    If the bios reports it wrong, so does windows since it gets its info from
    the bios. Are you sure you don't have one of the new 1600MHz Durons? I can
    see where that might get reported as a 2000+ Duron.

    Wes Newell, Oct 5, 2003