    But, now only one drive is noticed.

    Is there a BIOS update/application/driver/command that I am missing?

    Or has this MB once again proved to be a bunch of ........................!

    Zentraleinheit, Feb 18, 2006

  2. Zentraleinheit wrote:
    > Does any one here know why (or even if) my Chanitech S1689 notice only one
    > floppy drive?
    >
    > I have 2 floppies connected to my system - a 3.5 and a 5.25.
    >
    > I have FINALLY! be able to get a cable that was long enough to go from the
    > FDD connector on the MB to the 2 drives.
    >
    > But, now only one drive is noticed.
    >
    > Is there a BIOS update/application/driver/command that I am missing?

    Double check the BIOS settings. You'll probably find that there isn't
    any option listed for 5.25" drive. That's because they are considered
    obsolete.

    Many motherboard manufacturers dropped support for 5.25" drives years ago.

    Other manufacturers stopped supporting more than one floppy drive. You
    could select 5.25" or 3.5" floppy but just one drive (A:) was supported.

    Don't know for sure but it sounds like you've been caught by one of
    those design changes.

    John
    --
    John P. Dearing
    A+, Network+, Server+

    John P. Dearing, Feb 19, 2006

  3. >Double check the BIOS settings. You'll probably find that there isn't
    any option listed for 5.25" drive

    Yes you can choose either a 5.25 or a 3.5 drive

    >Other manufacturers stopped supporting more than one floppy drive. You

    could select 5.25" or 3.5" floppy but just one drive (A:) was supported.

    Yet, the manufaucture was kind enought to provide a floppy drive cable for 2
    Floppy Drives!

    >Don't know for sure but it sounds like you've been caught by one of

    those design changes

    Once we stop using vacume tubes I knew that technology took a downhill
    turn!

    Zentraleinheit, Feb 19, 2006