mbr for maxtor 80gb hard drive?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dandandan, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. dandandan

    dandandan Guest

    Hello,

    Does anyone out there have a Maxtor 80GB Diamond Max Plus 9 hard
    drive?

    Through a combination of bad luck and stupidity I have lost my master
    boot record and maybe my boot record (what's the difference?).

    I stupidly reverted to a backed up copy of the mbr when prompted by
    Norton Antivirus. Unfortunately I have recently changed the hard
    drive and the old mbr that I reverted to does not recognise the new
    disk. fdisk /mbr did not work.

    Is anyone with this exact spec hard drive able to copy me a hex dump
    of the master boot record?

    Other details:
    Name: Maxtor 80GB 6Y080L0 Diamond Max Plus 9 ARA 133 LBA
    Cylinder: 39236
    Head: 16
    Sector: 255

    Any other ideas much appreciated.