MBUltra133 (PDC20276) Bios not installed because there are no drives attached?

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Don Wells, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. Don Wells

    Don Wells Guest

    I noticed that my system clock was reported as 1742 instead of the
    1733 it should be. I decided to see if maybe I had inadvertently
    selected top performance. I looked and top performance was off so I
    decided to turn it on to see if it would change anything. It did. So
    I turned off by loading optimized performance.

    Then I had a problem. The system would not boot. After the initial
    screen I get a screen that has:

    Detecting \

    With a spining line. After a while I then get:

    MBUltra133 (PDC20276) Bios not installed because there are no drives
    attached

    After that it will sometimes boot up into XP normally sometimes not.
    Have I somehow initiated a bios installation without knowing it? Have
    I done something to make the disk drive unstable and unrecognizable?
    I have never reset the CMOS so I don't know how to do that. Anyone
    know what this might be? Thanks!

    Don

    Don Wells, Nov 3, 2003

  2. Don Wells

    Don Wells Guest

    Okay, I figured it out. When you load optimized settings it also
    enables all the features you had turned off. In this case the RAID
    controller was turned back on and there were no drives plugged into
    IDE 3 and 4.

    Don Wells, Nov 3, 2003