MCLK msp430F449 doesn't work with XT2 clock source

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by el_777, Mar 16, 2006.

  1. el_777

    el_777 Guest

    I'm working with the ms430-449STK2 olimex development kit that IA
    distributes with its software,

    "XT2 = 8Mhz"
    The problem is that I can't select the XT2 as a clock source for the MCLK
    In fact I make this instruction:

    FLL_CTL1 = (SELS + SELM1) & (~XT2OFF);

    and the IAR IDE show me that the right bits are sets, as follows:
    SELM1 = 1
    SELM0 = 0
    XT20FF= 0
    SELS = 1
    However the MCLK works like I had selected the DCOPLUS source.

    Like an extra comment, something weird is that I can configure the XT2 a
    a clock source for SMCLK.

    el_777, Mar 16, 2006