Media Det Error

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by btb, Oct 6, 2004.

  1. btb

    btb Guest

    As it's been 6 months without a response another
    try - cry- for help.

    I am using Creative Play Centre 2 V1.01.71.0 software
    with my SB Live board on an ME system.

    I always get an error message "Cannot initialise
    MediaDet's COM object" whenever I open Play Centre2.

    I can play MP3 files from my HD but can no
    longer play audio CDs from my TEAC CD-W512.

    Have checked the Creative site and also done a Google
    on MediaDet without any idea as to the problem.

    Any ideas as to the problem much appreciated.

    TIA

    Briain

    btb, Oct 6, 2004

  2. btb

    D.R. Guest

    If you want a better chance of help, I recommend that you use the UK official
    Creative Labs forums:

    Soundcard-related Software:
    http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/forums/forum.asp?foru=26

    Soundcard-related Hardware:
    http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/forums/forum.asp?foru=25

    If the website asks what country you are from, just select UK. ;-)

    D.R.

    D.R., Oct 7, 2004

  3. Do you have the latest drivers for the Live! from the Creative website?
    Try uninstalling PlayCentre, deleting reg keys for it and reboot.

    The driver exposes COM interface which PlayCentre uses. If yer driver
    isn't at the right version level for the version of PC yer using then
    PlayCentre won't work.

    I just noticed that your version of Playcentre is 2. The current version
    is Version 3 not 2. Version 3 came out a few years ago. It might help if
    you upgraded PlayCentre to the current version along with the drivers.

    As for yer second optical drive being unable to play back CDs. Make sure
    digitial CD extraction is enabled for it ( if it supports it ). If it
    doesn't support it, it would make sense to connect the CD-Audio or
    CD-Digital ( if it has one of these as they don't all have them.
    )connector for it into the soundcard. It's also possible that you don't
    have Digital audio extraction enabled on WinME ( I've never used WinMe
    ). If you can enable this, you won't need to connect the drive with the
    audio cable as the OS will read CD info off the IDE cable.

    Cheers
    Sha

    Sharanga Dayananda, Oct 7, 2004