    will repair it?

    TIA

    Dan

    dan, Mar 30, 2005

  2. Depends wahts actually happened in there. If the connector has simply
    broken a trace on the PCB, you _might_ get away with someone resoldering
    it in place. If the force of the connector getting yanked has actually
    broken the motherboard PCB (possible) - then the machine is probably a
    write-off. Replacememt motherboard + labour would likely cost the same
    as replacing the whole machine.

    Your only other hope might be to scour ebay and similar for the same
    machine with e.g. smashed screen - and do the labour yourself.

    Martin Slaney, Mar 31, 2005