Medion MD7276 FID2030 BIOS update failed - help!!!

Discussion in 'Abit' started by charlesward_totalise_co_uk, Jun 1, 2006.

  1. I have flashed the BIOS on my Medion MD7276 FID2030 Laptop as I
    couldn't load XP onto it and thought it might help. Unfortunately the
    upgrade failed and now all I get is the power light coming on and
    nothing else.

    I've tried creating a bootable CD but this doesn't seem to work either.

    I've tried taking the power lead out, the battery out and also the
    battery out of the motherboard and leaving them out for a couple of
    hours but again this hasn't worked.

    the reason I think it failed was I flashed it with Bios Update FID 2010
    instead of BIOS 2030 (I thought the 2010 was a blanket / catchall
    upgrade, but obviously not!

    Can anyone shed any light as to how I should proceed? Can I buy a new
    chip and if so where? I've done extensive enquiries on google but
    cannot find an actual chip.

    Also does anyone know where I can get a component list for this
    computer as I may need other parts.

    charlesward_totalise_co_uk, Jun 1, 2006

  2. I guess the first thing to suggest would be to advise you to contact Medion
    themselves. This is a forum dedicated to Abit motherboards, and as far as
    I'm aware Abit don't make any laptop bits...
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Jun 1, 2006