    and the feet. At first I thought it might be the windex (the liquid, not the
    database :) that I use to clean the table top, but then other things on that
    table don't have melted feet. Just that type of enclosure.

    Griff Miller, Sep 4, 2003

  2. Griff Miller

    Mark Guest

    I have seen this too, but on Older Sun Keyboards. These have the grey feet
    which
    melt aswell. The room is aircon'd so it cannot be heat?
    Very wierd indeed.!

    Mark

    Mark, Sep 4, 2003

  3. Griff Miller

    Claus Dragon Guest

    While forming in a straight line, "Mark"
    i have experienced the same with old type 5 or 4 keyboards. they
    messed some of my shirts because i did not notice that when i carried
    them. i figured they were kind of glued to the table but that did not
    make sense. so i took some cleaning sheets and wiped them clean. that
    helped, in a way.

    Claus Dragon, Sep 4, 2003
  4. I've seen this too, but in my case it has been Sun 611 boxes stacked
    on top of each other, so it's not a reaction between any table and the
    feet. I would have guessed (like most chemical reactions) it goes
    faster at higher temperature. Alcohol (ethanol, C2H5OH to be precise)
    removes the mess. In my case the room is not air-conditioned.

    --
    Dr. David Kirkby,
    Senior Research Fellow,

    Dr. David Kirkby, Sep 7, 2003