    PC2700 clocked at 166MHz (333 DDR) are they compatible?

    Cheers

    Peter.

    Peter Goddard, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Peter Goddard

    Frank Hagan Guest

    Should work just fine at 166MHz :)

    FRH

    Frank Hagan, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Peter Goddard

    EGK Guest

    The cpu is running at the bus speed. The memory is running at 2x the bus
    speed. That's where the double data rate comes in or DDR. The memory is 2
    x 166 = 332/3 DDR.

    So yes, they're perfectly compatible. I recently ran in to problems when I
    upgraded a system from a 1.2ghz to an XP2000+. The old cpu was running on
    pc133 memory which was fine for the 1.2gig athlon. My shuttle board took
    either pc133 or up to pc2100 in two separate slots. After upgrading the
    cpu, the pc133 memory couldnt keep up and i had lockups. As soon as I
    replaced it with a 512mb stick of pc2100, everything was fine again.

    EGK, Oct 15, 2003