Memory for WCG G5 8300g

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by redwoodtwig, Aug 24, 2007.

  1. redwoodtwig

    redwoodtwig Guest

    I've been reasonably happy with it, but I suppose it is getting a bit
    old. I'm thinking going from 1GB to 2GB would help my photo
    processsing, but without opening the case I don't know what's in
    there. The last time I looked, though, I think there were 2 memory
    cards.

    Is there anyway I can tell without opening it what's there and what
    kinds of DDR I need?

    I went to the shuttle site, but none of the models have what my
    computer says I have, the G5 8300G WCG. What is the motherboard
    designation for this puppy, is there something in the control panel
    that will tell me?

    Specs for the memory? Lots of places sell DDR, but even if I open it
    and take them out, I'm not sure what I'm looking at in order to figure
    out what I can replace them with.

    Any help most appreciated,

    Brandon

    redwoodtwig, Aug 24, 2007

  2. Have you tried http://www.crucial.com/ where you can choose to have
    your system scanned for the type of memory you have and the upgrade
    options that are available to you - all without opening your box? even
    if you don't plan to buy crucial ram

    robertpayneemail**at**googlemail.com, Aug 27, 2007