Memory leak in nvsvc64.exe

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, Oct 4, 2006.

  1. Hello,

    I downloaded and installed the following driver:

    91.47_forceware_winxp64_english_whql.exe

    (On Skybuck's Dream PC for 2006 with Windows XP Pro x64 edition )

    The windows process: nvsvc64.exe is probably leaking memory at about 20
    kilobytes per second.

    It's also showing a lot of page faults about 2.2 million !

    The memory consumption is now about 46 MB.

    The computer has run for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

    I can remember seeing this process eat up as much as 700 MB of ram !

    That's definetly not normal.

    What is this executable anyway ?

    (There is no nVidia icon in the system tray so that's not it ?)

    (It can also be killed and doesnt affect the system ?)

    (I also had one failure to boot so far, might be nvidia driver related)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 4, 2006

  2. Skybuck Flying

    deimos Guest

    Drivers services. It keeps track of your profiles, settings, and
    refresh rates. If you overclock your card, this applies it for you at
    boot time.

    deimos, Oct 5, 2006

  3. Skybuck Flying

    georgedavid

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    My nvsvc64.exe was very high (500 MB). I forgot i had turned on temperature logging via nvidia control panel -> monitor temperature levels. once i disabled this, the service slowly freed up the ram and the service wasn't running anymore.

    hope this helps someone.

    -- gd.

    georgedavid, Feb 18, 2007