    Also, the DIMM package says they're good for 5-5-5-12. "Auto" selects
    5-5-5-18; changing it works (that's Tcl-Trd-Trp-Tras, right?), but gives
    no faster throughput. Is there a benefit to changing it?

    Hactar, Jun 17, 2007

  2. Hactar

    peter Guest

    You need to have the RAM in the same colored Slots
    peter

    peter, Jun 17, 2007

  3. Hactar

    Hactar Guest

    The manual says (on p 2-10) that it's the other way. Is it wrong?
    Wouldn't be the first time...

    Hactar, Jun 18, 2007
  4. Hactar

    c Guest

    For dual channel, all the boards I've seen that use colored slots need
    to have the memory in the same color slots,, so yeah, the manual is
    probably wrong.

    Chris

    c, Jun 18, 2007
  5. Hactar

    Hactar Guest

    $ init 0
    <move DIMM>
    <power up>

    So it was. I'll make a note.

    memtest86 showed less than a 1% speedup (2594 MB/s to 2619 MB/s); should
    I see more?

    Hactar, Jun 18, 2007