    I'm guessing that it's not a good idea to mix PC2100 and 2700 and/or
    3200 RAM but am open to any suggestions, ideas, and experiences.

    Thanks.

    B. Jones, Apr 21, 2004

  2. If you're buying with a view to future upgrades or overclocking, get the
    best you can afford.
    Of course. You can use the fastest memory you can get your hands on. Whether
    it'll work at its full rated speed is another question of course.
    You shouldn't have any problems mixing, but the thing to bear in mind is
    that you'll only be able to run at the speed of the slowest memory in the
    system, which will of course be the PC2100
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Apr 21, 2004