    - with bios 1006 or beta 1007.2 , the memory speed is 166 Mhz (as expected)

    I downloaded bios at
    ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_754/VIA_Chipset/K8T800/K8V_Deluxe/

    Gilles Vollant, May 13, 2005

  2. Gilles Vollant

    KC Computers Guest

    I've two Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard (with Athlon 64/3000 socket 754).
    That board can be picky about memory modules, especially 1GB ones.
    What make and model are they?

    KC Computers, May 14, 2005

  3. Gilles Vollant

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    With two sticks, they should be in slots 1 and 3, and the speed should be
    200, not 166.
    You will get 133 if all three slots are populated.

    Your sticks are apparently not a matched set, therefore the SPD timings
    differ between the two, causing the speed to default to a lower 166
    (although I never heard of this setting for that board) in order to keep
    timing errors to a minimum. The only way to alleviate this situation adnd
    get the full rated speed is to purchase a matched set of RAM.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, May 14, 2005