    stick by itself with no luck. I don't have any manuels for this board. Any
    and all suggestions please. tia

    Dwight

    Dwight, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Dwight

    Bill Guest

    Manual here:

    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/manual/mnu/spt_mnu_detail.php
    ?UID=94&NAME=MS-6195

    It won't support a single 512 stick. Max is 768MB which is 3 x 256MB
    sdram.

    From crucial.com memory selector:

    "Important information about your computer
    Your system only supports modules made with a specific type of chips.
    While you might find what appears to be the exact same memory for a
    lower price elsewhere, chances are good that the cheaper memory will
    not work in your system. The Crucial Memory Selector only selects
    memory that is 100% guaranteed compatible with your system or we'll
    give you your money back!"

    I suspect you are mixing high density memory with low density memory.
    Probably won't work on that board.

    Download the manual and see what memory your board needs or use the
    memory selector at crucial to get an idea.

    Bill

    Bill, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Dwight

    Dwight Guest

    Thanks Bill.
    Placed an order with Crucial. I guest I was mixing my sticks.

    Dwight, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Dwight

    Bill Guest

    <snip>