memory problems - NF7-S rev.2.0 + Twinmos PC3200 , 512MB, Cas 2.5

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Greger Hoel, Sep 28, 2004.

  1. Greger Hoel

    Greger Hoel Guest

    When I first started this system up, the memory would only run on
    400MHz when the CPU and FSB were set to the default settings. 100MHz
    FSB, 600MHz CPU. I got an XP2400-m CPU, BTW. When I started clocking
    up the CPU and set te FSB to 133MHz, the RAM refused to go higher than
    333MHz. Then I tried incrementing the RAM voltage one iteration, and
    presto! it worked. Since then though, I've had stability issues,
    especially when playing games. Therefore, I ran memtest thru the
    night. When i got up this morning, the no. of errors where 6k
    something, and counting.

    Is this stick incompatible with the mobo, or is there something I can
    do? Some setting I haven't thought of?
    Always cross a vampire, never moon a werewolf

    To reach me, swap spammers get bent with softhome

    Greger Hoel, Sep 28, 2004

  2. Greger Hoel

    Avid Gamer Guest

    Nice of you to tell us the mobo :p

    Doing the same thing dual channel 1 gig, 400 mhz bus, 5,3,2,2 latenvy
    but with a mobile 2500 :)

    Abit NF7-S 2.0.

    No reason it should not do 400fsb, must be your mobo what was it again
    ?

    Avid Gamer, Sep 28, 2004

  3. Greger Hoel

    Leon Rowell Guest

    See Subject.....

    Leon Rowell

    Leon Rowell, Sep 28, 2004
  4. I think they are compatible since I have used twinmos ram on NF7 ver.
    2.0 all the time. At first pc2700, they ran 200 MHz at 2.8 volt. Now
    pc3700, and they do fsb221 at 2.8 volt. 2x 256 Mb and dual mode.

    (I mean DDR400 and DDR442, if you like to multiply by 2).

    CPU is a multiplier unlocked barton 2500+, not mobile. I decrease the
    multiplier and increase fsb.

    best regards

    John

    JK ( at mail dot dk), Sep 28, 2004
  5. Greger Hoel

    Apollo Guest

    Did you drop the multiplier when running memtest?

    I would set the fsb to 200MHz, multi to x8, this will give you 1600MHz
    that the proc will easily run at. Test with memtest again (I find that
    if it completes 2 passes it's usually fine).

    What this does is take the proc out of the potential problems, if
    memtest fails increase the vdimm voltage a notch and try again, maybe
    look at relaxing timings. Get stable and then bump up the multiplier
    and probably vcore a little too.

    Always run the memory in sync with fsb, set it to 6/6, I can't remember
    the exact name for the setting.

    To summarise; get your memory stable with a low multiplier first before
    you start on the proc.

    HTH

    Apollo, Sep 28, 2004
  6. Greger Hoel

    BUFF Guest

    Which memory chips are on your TwinMOS?
    TwinMOS uses a no. of different mfrs chips on their PCB - some work fine in
    nForce2 whilst others are known to have problems.

    BUFF, Sep 28, 2004