memory problems with RC410L/800-M (V2.0)

Discussion in 'ECS' started by Henry Nettles, Jun 10, 2006.

  1. I purchased this motherboard a few weeks at Frys, as part of a combo,
    this motherboard and an Intel 805 D cpu for $139.99. I have been
    having some problems with memory. I have tried two different sets of
    2 x 512 meg DDR2 memory. Set 1 is Patriot memory, purchased from
    Newegg.

    PSD21G667K
    1GB PC2-5300CL5
    (2x512MB) Kit

    Set number 2 is
    CORSAIR XMS2
    Xtreme performance DDR2
    CM2x512-5400C4
    XMS2-5400
    512MB 675MHz
    XMS5402v1.3

    With either set, I can only use 1 memory module at a time. With set
    number 1, I get errors from Memtest or Prime95 when using both
    modules. With set number 2, I cannot post with both memory modules.
    But each one of the 4 memory modules will run perfectly by itself.
    Memtest shows no errors, and neither does Prime95.

    I also have a single 1 gig stick of PC5300, which runs fine by itself.
    The bios does not have any memory settings, except for a voltage
    adjustment which does not seem to help. Do I need to RMA this
    motherboard?

    Henry Nettles, Jun 10, 2006

  2. Henry Nettles

    MFM454

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Me too!

    I just purchased the same motherboard cpu combo for $129.95 with 2 Gb of PQI ram for $129.99. At first I could not figure out what was wrong, got it to post with two sticks once and never again after that. Each stick works fine and passes tests without problem must be a cheap board stability problem. After thinking about it this combo was cheaper than buying the CPU alone so I guess I am ahead of the game. Now I have to find a good board to use it in.

    MFM454, Jun 26, 2006