    still not sure if that's ECC or ECC-R memory

    thanks a lot for your help
    Janek Kozicki

    Janek Kozicki, Apr 2, 2009

  2. Janek Kozicki

    Dave Stevens Guest

    http://shop.kingston.com/PartsInfo.asp?ktcpartno=KVR667D2D4P5/4G

    is a great price for KVR 4G chips. Priced in Canadian dollars so if
    you are in the US you'd be spending about $58 US each. These are
    suitable for my Tyan m3600 S2932 - ECC - Reg. dual rank

    Also I think you can use 1 stick per cpu, less than optimal but ok, or
    two per cpu for full dual rank performance. My maximum memory
    bandwidth went up about 50% when I went from one chip to two. Also
    from my read of the manual I think 667 MHz is the top end for this
    board.

    Dave

    Dave Stevens, Apr 6, 2009