    an FSB of 800MHz or what?

    thanks in advance
    Patrick

    Patrick Schoeberl, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Patrick Schoeberl

    Muttley Guest

    Do you have the memory modules in the correct sockets to enable Dual Channel
    operation?

    One needs to be in each channel for it to work in dual.

    If all else fails, read the manual!!

    AFAIK, the modules should be in DDR1 and DDR3 sockets, or both orange
    sockets if the picture on the website is correct.

    John S.

    Muttley, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Patrick Schoeberl

    Wayne W. Guest

    R U sure about that? I would think it would be one in Orange, and the other
    in Black?

    Wayne

    Wayne W., Oct 28, 2003
  4. Patrick Schoeberl

    Muttley Guest

    Yep, going by the picture of the board on the Gigabyte website.....
    In that picture, the first slot in each channel is coloured orange and the
    second slot of each channel is coloured purple/blue.

    John S.

    Muttley, Oct 29, 2003
  5. Patrick Schoeberl

    Wayne W. Guest

    That is what I meant. LOL Sorry, I had another system in the back of my
    brain. Why isn't it one stick in blue, and the other in Orange since they
    are right next to each other?

    Wayne

    Wayne W., Oct 29, 2003
  6. Patrick Schoeberl

    Mal Guest

    Guess they thought users would put one stick each in the same colour by
    default incase they didn't look at the manual while building their pc.
    Looking at a new board for the first time, without reading through the
    manual, would you think that you're meant to put one stick in orange and one
    in purple?

    Guess having them apart a little more will help a little with any heat
    coming from the ram too.

    Mal

    Mal, Oct 29, 2003
  7. Patrick Schoeberl

    Wayne W. Guest

    -snip-

    Yes. One color for stick one, and the second color for stick two. So, on my
    mobo, I have one blue and two black. Does that mean I need to put the ram in
    the black slots if I want Dual mode? (of course using the same size & speed
    memory sticks) Thanks

    Wayne

    Wayne W., Oct 29, 2003
  8. Patrick Schoeberl

    Muttley Guest

    Depends on the way the Motherboard was assembled.
    My board (8INXP) has both channel A sockets orange, and the both channel B
    sockets black, so I end up with one in each colour.
    The OP's board has them coloured differently which ends up with both sticks
    in the same colour for dual operation.

    The manual for your board should show which slots need to be populated for
    dual channel operation.
    RTFM!!
    8o)

    John S.