Memory slot and memory problem on K8V SE Deluxe

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Gilles Vollant, May 13, 2005.

  1. Hello,
    I've two Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard (with Athlon 64/3000 socket 754).

    I bough two 1 GB PC3200 memory module.

    One the two motherboard :
    - when I use the two memory SIMM on memory slot 1 and 2, the computer hang
    (after 2 or 10 hours) when running Windows
    - when I use the two memory SIMM on memory slot 1 and 3, it seem there is no
    problem.

    running memtest ( http://www.memtest.org/ ) detect no problem

    And a last point, when I use two or three 512 MB memory module, I've never
    problem.
    I just noticied with three module :
    - with bios 1005 , the memory speed is 133 Mhz
    - with bios 1006 or beta 1007.2 , the memory speed is 166 Mhz (as expected)

    I downloaded bios at

    ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_754/VIA_Chipset/K8T800/K8V_SE_Deluxe/

    Gilles Vollant, May 13, 2005

  2. Gilles Vollant

    Andrew Tang Guest

    A much more reliable memory test is the prime95 torture test
    http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

    If you run the Blend test it takes only minutes before it reports there is a
    memory problem.

    Andrew Tang, May 13, 2005