    what slots should a stick of 512 and 256 pc 2700 be in on a a7n8x-e dleuxe
    board i have two sticks and the 256 is corsair and the other has no name
    but in everest it says both sticks are micron technology!

    donny, Dec 30, 2004

  2. donny

    peter Guest

    slots 1 and 3
    peter

    peter, Dec 31, 2004

  3. donny

    Ed Guest

    Look in your "A7N8X-E Deluxe" manual. ;p
    fwiw, my "A7N8X" manual says...,
    To utilize dual channel memory feature install two or more sticks of ram
    in one of the following sequence:
    Sockets 1 & 3, Sockets 2 & 3, or Sockets 1, 2 & 3.
    Ed

    Ed, Dec 31, 2004
  4. donny

    donny Guest

    k well another problem was one of my ram modules cause i cant seem to put
    two in or else my games shut down after minutes of play i thought at first
    drivers then usb but it seems when i use the second module it starts acting
    up maybe its not compatible ram

    donny, Dec 31, 2004
  5. donny

    steve p Guest

    You could get memtest (google for it) and test your sticks individually, in
    single & then in dual channel mode to see if that's the cause of your
    problem.

    In my experience some RAM sticks which test fine individually or in single
    channel mode won't work properly when put into dual channel mode - leading
    to problems like the one you're getting.

    Try them in single channel mode (slots 1&2) and see how you go.

    Steve

    steve p, Jan 1, 2005