    that right?

    Thanks for advice
    Martin

    Martin Weil, Oct 8, 2004

  2. For Athlon XPs it's better to have memory and CPU bus speeds synched.

    For Pentium 4s, the faster the memory the better.

    Chong Woo Paig, Oct 8, 2004

  3. Martin Weil

    Martin Weil Guest

    For Athlon XPs it's better to have memory and CPU bus speeds synched.
    Ok, so I have two choices here:

    CL2-3-3-6-1T or CL2-2-2-5-1T (one piece 512 MB). Which would be better
    (i guess the second one). And: Should I go for 2x 256 MB instead ?

    Thanks
    Martin

    Martin Weil, Oct 8, 2004
  4. Martin Weil

    Martin Weil Guest

    Btw: I have AMD Athlon XP 2400+ on Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe

    Martin Weil, Oct 8, 2004
  5. Martin Weil

    sbb78247 Guest

    If you want to run in dual channel either get 2x256 or 2x512.

    Also, if you get the pc3200/ddr400 it will 1) offer you and upgrade path and
    2) have a better resale value than the pc2100/ddr266

    Shannon

    sbb78247, Oct 8, 2004
  6. Martin Weil

    DaveW Guest